This is a duplicate of the listing on the fonda.org website.
- Albert Granville Fonda; Mechanical Engineer, Inventor, Consultant; see www.crashex.com; Cornell University Graduate; born Nov-6-1928 in Amsterdam, Montgomery Co., New York; 1930 Census, Mohawk, Montgomery Co., New York; res. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania area; Fonda, Albert Granville 1928- Who’s Who in the East. 14th edition, 1974-1975; had numerous inventions including patents on power steering design; served as President of the American Society of Inventors and active in the Society of Automotive Engineers; see Biographies for more…
- Cornelius Van Wagoner Fonda; Surveyor; born 1858, died Apr-19-1931 at 73 years of age; b. New Jersey; 1880 US Census, Paterson, Passaic, New Jersey; d. River Edge, New Jersey; for twenty-two years was an engineer for the North Jersey Title Insurance Company of Hackensack; finished his engineering course at Stuttgart University in Germany.
- Gorton R. Fonda; Research PhD Chemist; born 27-Nov-1884, died Dec-1-1973 at 89 years of age; SSDI Amherst, Erie, New York; worked nearly 40 years for General Electric Laboratory, attributed with design for radar screen for National Defense Research Council in 1941; G. R. Fonda, Phys. Rev. 21, 343 (1923); Foundations of Vacuum Science and Technology (1916).
- John Giles Fonda; Civil Engineer, Mayor of Warsaw, Civil War Officer (Major); born 8-Mar-1822, died Dec-10-1910 at 88 years of age; b. Sand Flats, Montgomery Co., New York; moved in 1835 to Warsaw, Hancock Co., Illinois; 1880 United States Census, Quincy, Adams, Illinois; d. National City, California; US Volunteer Cavalry 1847-1865; Civil War High Commands by John H. Eicher and David J. Eicher; Second Lieutenant for Independent Companies of Illinois Mounted Volunteers for the Mexican War 1848-49. Major in Civil War, Twelfth Illinois Cavalry; Civil War Pension Index: Kansas; see Biographies, Stories for more…
- LeGrand Benedict Fonda; Engineer; born Oct-20-1912, died Jun-10-1989 at 76 years of age; b. New York; 1930 Census, New York, Rensselaer, Troy, District 110; SSDI New York; Who’s Who in Engineering. Fourth, Seventh editions. American Association of Engineering Societies, 1980, 1988; see Biographies for more…
- Lyman D. Fonda; Scientist; born 13-Apr-1899, died 10-Jun-1977 at 78 years of age; b. New York; 1930 Census, New York, Schoharie, Fulton, District 9; SSDI Boca Raton, Palm Beach, Florida; American Men & Women of Science, A biographical directory of today’s leaders in physical, biological, and related sciences. 12th edition, Physical & Biological Sciences. Seven volumes, 1971; see Biographies for more…
- Margaret Lee Fonda; Biologist; born 1942; American Men & Women of Science. A biographical directory of today’s leaders in physical, biological, and related sciences. 12th-23rd editions, Physical & Biological Sciences, 1971-2003.
, Civil War
, Fonda Family
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.