This is a duplicate of the listing on the fonda.org website.
- Adam Douw Fonda; Tryon County Judge, State Assemblyman, Safety Committee Member, Revolutionary War Officer (Lt. Col.); born 26-Dec-1736, died 8-Nov-1808 at 71 years of age; b. Schenectady, Schenectady, New York; d. Johnstown, Montgomery Co., New York; bur. Old Caughnawaga Cemetery, Fonda, New York; Lt. Col. in Tryon County Militia, 3rd Battalion (Mohawk); Adam and his brother John were captured by the British in 1780 when they came into the Mohawk Valley, raiding and burning houses. they both were taken to Canada where they eventually escaped; DAR Patriot Index Centennial Edition; Adam’s will was dated 29-May-1806 mentions wife Neeltje, sons Henry and Douw, daughters Wyntie and Maritje; see Stories for more…
- Henry Adam Fonda; New York State Legislature, War of 1812 Officer; born 20-Aug-1766, died 17-Sep-1828 at 62 years of age; b. Caughnawaga (now Fonda), Montgomery, New York; bur. Old Caughnawaga Cemetery, Fonda, New York; Brig. Gen. Henry Adam Fonda (1766-1828) was an officer in Maj. Gen. Jacob Brown’s Infantry Regiment, later in Maj. Gen. Henry Dearborn’s Regiment and participated in the Lake Ontario Skirmishes during the War of 1812 against Canada and the British. He was appointed Brig. Gen. of the 11th Infantry in 1820. During 1807, 1816 and 1819, he was a member of the New York State legislature.
- Henry Veeder Fonda; Attorney, Major in New York Militia; born 20-Aug-1788, died 1-Mar-1824 at 35 years of age; b. Schenectady, New York. Henry V. Fonda, born August 20th, 1788, a graduate of Union College in Schenectady in 1810, and was a successful legal practitioner at Schenectady. He died March 1st, 1824, unmarried. War of 1812 Service Records: Fonda, Henry 10th Regiment (Prior’s), New York Militia (Major).
- Jacob Glen Fonda; Attorney, County Clerk, Revolutionary War Soldier; born 29-Aug-1761, died 8-Dec-1859 at 98 years of age; b. Schenectady, Albany Co., New York; 1850 U.S. Census, New York, Schenectady, Glenville; d. West Glenville, New York; served as private under Lieut. Abraham Ten Eyck, New York regiment. He was admitted to practice law in the State Supreme Court as an attorney, but abandoned that profession soon after 1800, and removed to his farm in Glenville. He was for many years employed as deputy clerk of Schenectady County, and died on his farm in West Glenville, aged ninety-eight; DAR Patriot Index Centennial Edition
- Jellis Abraham Fonda; County Clerk, Revolutionary War Officer; born 25-Oct-1759, died 27-Aug-1834 at 74 years of age; b. Schenectady, Albany Co., New York; d. Chittenango, New York; held the commission of Lieutenant in Van Schaick’s regiment, which he resigned for a Captaincy in Colonel Willet’s Independent Corps, under whom he served to the close of the war (1777-1780). thereafter, he was for many years Clerk of Schenectady County,
- John Douw Fonda; Tryon County Committee Man, Captain in French & Indian War, Private in Revolutionary War; born 8-Mar-1741, died 14-Feb-1815 at 73 years of age; b. Schenectady, Schenectady, New York; d. Montgomery Co., New York; bur. Old Fonda Cemetery, Fonda, New York; had been an officer in the early wars, served in the Associated Exempts under Capt. Giles Fonda at the battle of Oriskany. He also served as a committee man of Tryon county. Buried in Fonda Burial Ground back of County Fairground in Fonda.
- Jellis Douwe Fonda; Merchant, Landowner, Judge, Senator, Revolutionary War Officer (Major); born 24-Mar-1727, died 23-Jun-1791 at 64 years of age; b. Schenectady, Schenectady, New York; d. Palatine, New York; bur. Old Caughnawaga Cemetery, Fonda, New York; Caughnawaga Cemetery Fonda, Montgomery Co New York 61, Abstract of Graves of Revolutionary Patriots, Vol.2, p. Serial: 12449; Volume: 6; DAR Patriot Index Centennial Edition.
- Staats Lansing Fonda; Attorney; known as “Lansing”; born 28-Nov-1848, died 17-Nov-1888 at 39 years of age; b. Clifton Park, Saratoga Co., New York; bp. Reformed Dutch Church Of Amity, Visscher’s Ferry, Saratoga, New York; 1850 U.S. Census, New York, Saratoga, Clifton Park; moved family to Iowa in 1869, where he practiced law and was mayor of Sigourney, Keokuk Co., Iowa.
, Albany Co.
, Fonda Family
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.