- [R005a] American Patriots at the Battle of Oriskany, August 6, 1777; DeWitt, Vera; Snell, Zimmerman, Timmerman Reunion, Inc.; Kenmore, NY; 1977
- [R018a] A Midnight Ride: A Young Telegrapher Carries an Urgent Message; Raab, Steven S.; Civil War Times Illustrated; Philadelphia, PA; 1994; p.24,69 March/April
- [R018b] Ten Eyck Fonda Papers: Battle of Gettysburg, Pennsylvania; Holcomb, Julie; Pearce Civil War Collection; Navarro College, Corsicana, TX; 1863
- [R021a] Roster of Confederate Soldiers, 1861-1865; Hewett, Janet B.; Broadfoot Publishing Co.; Wilmington, NC; 1996
- [R021b] Roster of Union Soldiers, 1861-1865; Hewett, Janet B.; Broadfoot Publishing Co.; Wilmington, NC; 1997
- [R045] Civil War High Commands; Eicher, John H.; Stanford University Press; Stanford, CA; 2001; pp.238,636,662,745,821
- [R055] Abstract of Graves of Revolutionary Patriots; Hatcher, Patricia Law; Pioneer Heritage Press; Dallas, TX; 1987
- [R077a] The Bloodied Mohawk: The American Revolution in the words of Fort Plank’s Defenders and other Mohawk Valley Partisans; Johnson, Ken D.; Picton Press; Rockport, ME; 2000
- [R091a] Original Florence Stockade Arrival Book; Register of Federal Prisoners of War Admitted to Confederate Prison Hospitals at Salisbury, N.C., Danville, Va., Cahaba, Ala., & Florence, S.C.; Washington, DC; National Archives Record Group 249, Entry 53, pages 430 – 547.
- [R091b] Records of the Commissary General of Prisoners; Registers of Federal Prisoners of War who died in Confederate Prisons, 1861-1865; Washington, DC; National Archives Record Group 249, entry 36, volume II (parts a,b,c).
- [R095] New York in the Revolution as Colony and State; Roberts, James A.; Genealogical Publishing Co.; Baltimore, MD; 1898
- [R117a] A Dictionary of All Officers Who Have Been Commissioned, or have been Appointed and Served, in the Army of the United States, 1789-1853: Volunteers and Militia of the States, Navy and Marine Corps; Gardner, Charles K.; G.P. Putnam and Co.; New York, NY; 1853
- [R118a] A Compendium of the War of the Rebellion: Number and Organization of the Armies of the United States; Dyer, Frederick H.; Thomas Yoseloff; New York, NY; 1959; Vol. I
- [R118b] The Story of Old Fort Plain and the Middle Mohawk Valley; Greene, Nelson; O’Connor Brothers Publishers; Fort Plain, NY; 1915
- [R118c] A History of Schenectady During the Revolution; Hanson, Willis T. Jr.; E.L. Hildreth & Co.; Brattleboro, VT; 1916
- [R118d] Revised Register of the Soldiers and Sailors of New Hampshire in the War of the Rebellion, 1861-1866; Ayling, Augustus D.; I.C. Evans; Concord, NH; 1895; 1355 pgs